Impaired No More
Why Early A.A. Succeeded and How one can As well
By Dick B.
Copyright 2011 Nameless. All legal rights reserved
The Core Suggestions
• Old Testomony healings by the strength of God: Ex 15:26; Ps 103:3.
• The healings of Jesus: Matt four:23; Functions 10:38.
• Healings by the Apostles and other Christians: Matt ten:1; Acts three:one-16; 8:five-13; 14:eight-ten.
• Healings from Apostolic instances through the ages: ()
• Christian corporations and persons managing alcoholism in the 1850’s to A.A.
one. Rescue Missions.
2. The Young Adult males’s Christian Affiliation.
3. Evangelists like Dwight Moody, Ira Sankey, File. B. Meyer, Billy Sunday.
four. The Salvation Army.
five. The United Culture of Christian Endeavor.
6. The Oxford Team.
seven. Rev. Samuel M. Shoemaker, Jr.
• The Christian upbringing of Dr. Bob: ().
• The Christian upbringing of Bill W. ().
• The “streams” that flowed from the early times:
1. New York: Rowland Hazard, Dr. Carl Jung, Dr. William D. Silkworth,
Ebby Thacher, Monthly bill W., Calvary Mission, Towns Hospital, Witnessing.
two. Akron: James Newton, Russell Firestone, Oxford Group 1933, Henrietta Seiberling and T. Henry Williams, prayer on the rug, cellular phone phone from Bill.
three. Invoice W. and Dr. Bob meet at Seiberling Gate Lodge--focus on alcoholism, conversion, electricity of God, and service to Many others.
• How the primary three (Monthly bill W., Dr. Bob, Invoice Dotson) got sober by turning to God.
• Alcoholics Nameless deemed founded in HP toneri June 1935 when Dr. Bob took his very last drink.
• Akron Number 1--July four, 1935, when A.A. Range 3 discharged from hospital.
• The “Christian fellowship” Invoice and Bob founded and crafted amongst 1935 and 1939.
1. The HP toneri first, seven-issue Akron software as summarized by toneri Frank Amos.
2. The sixteen methods of your A.A. pioneers in Akron.
3. The “first forty” (Nov. 1937) and early A.A.'s claim of the 75% achievements fee.
• Alcoholics Anonymous (the “Major Guide”) and its Twelve Ways posted.
one. A few Most important resources: Dr. Silkworth, William James, Sam Shoemaker.
two. Variations made during the “printer's manuscript” (The Ebook That Began Everything)
3. The main edition of Alcoholics Nameless printed on April ten, 1939.
• Cleveland A.A. arranged May 11, 1939: The massive Ebook, the 12 Steps, the Bible, the 4 Absolutes, and “most of the Old Application.”
• The “nonsense gods” grew when Monthly bill wrote the A.A. team may be your “increased electricity.” [Creating within the “committee of four” compromise--A.A. Will come of Age, 166-sixty seven.]
Impaired No More